Hi! Welcome! We’re so glad you’re here!
We met three years ago at The Creative Connection Event in St. Paul, MN. It was a wonderful experience to be with a big group of ladies who had a love of all kinds of crafts like us. We became fast friends and kept in touch, always dreaming of the next retreat or event we could attend together.
Then in the spring of 2014, we went to The Makerie retreat in Boulder, CO. This was a smaller retreat, but so very meaningful. We met up, shared a cabin and a lot of laughs. That weekend we muttered a lot of “Oh my gosh! Me toos!” as we got to know each other better.
We laughed at how excited we each get at the thought of a new project, how we gather all the supplies, get started and then fizzle out because we’re already on to the next shiny, new project! And at the Makerie, we realized we weren’t alone. It was easy to notice an ongoing theme among the other ladies there…they all like to dabble in a variety of crafts like painting, embroidery, quilting, and scrapbooking. These ladies were just like us.
When we realized this we started talking about how nice it would be to get to know more crafters and how much we’d love to find a group of people help us have more accountability for finishing the projects we start. We mentioned how we’d love to share and talk about the products and people that inspire us and how we occasionally do get things finished. We talked about how much we’d love an encouraging environment for getting our supplies organized and a place to share the joy of starting new projects.
The discussions continued throughout the weekend, and The Crafty Dabbler was born.
- Life is often overflowing (in all the ways you can think of) at my house where I live with my husband, two kiddos and one spaztastic puppy.
- My personal tag line should be “Bought it. Haven’t started it.But I will.”
- I have absolutely no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
- I enjoy scrapbooking, photography, embroidery, sewing and organizing anything and everything.
- I have been a collector of supplies and creative classes for years. I would join a support group but I’m also an enabler.
- I am on a journey towards less clutter, less to clean and more time for fun.
- My kryptonite are sweets, pretty magazines and IKEA.
- One of my favorite things is meeting new people and finding out what we have in common. It makes the world seem like a smaller, cozier place.
- You can find me on my Instagram account: http://instagram.com/redhdedscrapbks
- Life is kinda crazy. Good crazy. Think awesome husband, three kids, two dogs, and two cats.
- Creating every day makes me happy. My favorites are scrapbooking, photography, and quilting, with a few cross-stitch & embroidery projects thrown in for good measure.
- I love, Love, LOVE to travel!
- I’m still trying to decide which I love more, Project Life or traditional scrapbooking.
- Pink is my favorite color.
- I’m a big fan of the pile method, though I’m working hard to have less and be more organized in life, my house, and especially in my craft room.
- There are not many sweet treats that I don’t love.
- I have a kindle, but I still prefer and love real books.