There are a lot of creative people in this world who love crafts. Some love to paint. Some love to quilt and sew. Some love to scrapbook their family’s stories + photos. Some love to crochet, knit, or embroider. And some love to do a combination of several of these things. You might say they “dabble” in a variety of crafty hobbies.
Jen and I are certainly guilty of this phenomenon, and we know there are other crafters out there who know exactly what we’re talking about. Here are seven possible symptoms you may experience if you are a crafty dabbler:
- You get super excited to start a project, buy all the supplies, spend a little time on it, lose momentum, then put it aside for another shiny, new project.
- You love to scrapbook but you also love to make cards, quilt, crochet, and art journal.
- You spend time looking for crafty things that you know you own but can’t remember where in your stash you put them.
- You have more projects on your “want to complete” list than you can realistically finish.
- Your “want to complete” list becomes disabling because it’s so long, and you don’t know where to start, so you end up doing nothing.
- You wish you could spend more time being crafty because it makes you happy to make things with your hands.
- You sign up for online classes but find it difficult to complete the material along with the instructor, but even with “indefinite access,” never manage to go back and complete the class?
Sound familiar? It does to us! We love to dabble in this and that. We love having a long project list, but we don’t love letting it discourage us. More importantly, we know there are ways to get things done if we set our minds to it.
That’s why we created The Crafty Dabbler. We want to meet other crafty dabblers, hear what’s going on with you, and work together actually finishing projects! We want to share what we’re working on, the products, books, and people that inspire us, how we get ourselves organized, and how we are making it all happen.
We hope to inspire you. We hope to motivate you. We hope entertain you. We hope to encourage you to do something creative every day. We hope you can see a bit of yourself in us.
We invite you to be a part of our Crafty Dabbler community by subscribing to receive our posts right in your inbox. Be sure to follow us via our social media accounts, too! We can’t wait to make new friends in our little corner of the online world.